Agreement and Release of Liability
I understand and agree that the payment I have made and any other scheduled payments for my online program are non-refundable. I agree to all of the following:
• Packages, contracts, class sessions and single sessions are non-refundable.
• Packages, contracts, class sessions and single sessions must be paid in full and are scheduled at the time of sign-up.
• Single sessions, class sessions and package sessions must be used within the allotted time specified in the purchase.
• Monthly packages (contracts) can only be used within the month purchased and no sessions will carry over to next month.
• Client must give 24 hours advanced notice, less than 24 hours or a no-show will result in a charge to the package session and single session.
• No matter the type of payment preferred, a credit card must be on file.
• Informed Consent, Physician Approval (if applicable), and Policies and Procedures must be completed, signed, and on file prior to the beginning of the first session.
• Training sessions will begin promptly at the time specified by the client and trainer and end one hour from that specified scheduled time, unless otherwise agreed upon by both parties.
Online Training: I understand that my physical fitness program is individually scheduled based off my start date. Once I have completed the initial goal sheet I will begin the setup with my assigned Obstacle Destruction trainer. The goals set with my online program are for me and my personal gains. All work put in will determine my individual results.
DESCRIPTION OF THE EXERCISE PROGRAM
I understand that my exercise program will involve participation in a number of types of fitness activities. These activities will vary depending upon the objectives that I establish, but will probably include: 1)aerobic activities including, but not limited to, the use of treadmills, stationary bicycles, step machines, rowing machines, and bike/run trail; 2) muscular endurance and strength building exercises including, but not limited to, the use of free weights, weight machines, calisthenics, and exercise apparatus; 3) other activities selected by my online training program and 4) selected physical fitness and body composition tests.
DESCRIPTION OF POTENTIAL RISKS
I understand that no exercise program is without inherent risks regardless of the care put into this online training program and that my personal safety cannot be guaranteed as I am doing these workouts on my own. I realize that when participating in any exercises, particularly those that induce cardiovascular stress, there is a slight chance of serious injury (e.g., heart attack, stroke, or other cardiovascular accidents) or catastrophic incident (e.g., death, paralysis). Likewise, I know that engaging in muscular endurance, strength building, and other fitness activities sometimes results in minor injuries (e.g., bruises, musculoskeletal strains and sprains), less frequent, more serious injuries (e.g., muscle tears, herniated disks, torn rotator cuffs), and rarely, catastrophic injury (e.g., death, paralysis).
DESCRIPTION OF POTENTIAL BENEFITS
I understand that a regular exercise program has been shown to have definite benefits to general health and well-being. I know that some of the benefits can include loss of weight, reduction of body fat, improvement of blood lipids, lowering of blood pressure, improvement of cardiovascular function, reduction in the risk of heart disease, improved strength and muscular endurance, improved posture, and improved flexibility.
I understand that it is my responsibility to 1) fully disclose any health issues or medications that are relevant to participation in a strenuous exercise program; 2) cease exercise and report promptly any unusual feelings (e.g., chest discomfort, nausea, difficulty breathing, apparent injury) during the exercise program; and 3) clear my participation with my physician.
In agreeing to this exercise program:
I acknowledge that my participation is completely voluntary
I understand the potential physical risks involved in the exercise program and believe that the potential benefits outweigh those risks.
I give consent to certain physical touching that may be necessary to ensure proper technique and body alignment.
I understand that the achievement o f health or fitness goals cannot be guaranteed.
I have had a voice in planning and approving the activities selected for my exercise program.
I have been able to ask questions regarding any concerns I might have, and have had those questions answered to my satisfaction.
I am in good physical condition, have no impairment which might prevent my participation in such activities, and have been advised to consult with a physician prior to beginning this program.
I have been advised to cease activity immediately if I experience unusual discomfort and feel the need to stop.
I have read and understand the above agreement and by printing my name below I am freely signing this agreement.